New flight routes to Spain in 2017
As a record 75.3 million British tourists visited Spain last year, airlines are opening even more routes throughout 2017. These new flights will help further visits to the popular holiday cities as well as the more undiscovered areas throughout Spain:
- EasyJet is launching a variety of flights from the UK, including flights to Murcia from Southend airport, as well as to Granada from Manchester in July. With Murcia being known as the Europe's orchard due to its fruit and flower production, and Granada’s beautiful medieval architecture, they both offer something new to the British traveller. EasyJet are also opening a new route to Menorca from Stanstead airport from June.
- Iberia Express is joining other airlines by launching a new flight to the popular holiday destination of Madrid from Cardiff at the beginning of April, opening up the Spanish city to Welsh travellers.
- Ryanair, the Irish low-fares airline, has launched its record Edinburgh summer schedule for 2017 to Barcelona, Ibiza, and Vigo. New routes to Valencia will also operate form Glasgow, with Scots also benefitting from increased services Glasgow to Malaga and Alicante. The newly launched Birmingham winter 2017 schedule includes a six-times-a-week service to Alicante, daily flights to Barcelona and five flights a day to Malaga, offering 99 weekly flights to Spain in total.
- Jet2.com has announced new flights from Birmingham to 15 Spanish destinations during the summer, including Alicante, Gran Canaria, Ibiza, Lanzarote, Majorca, Malaga and Menorca. The first flights launch at the beginning of April to Malaga and Faro. The airline has also included new direct flights from London Stanstead to 21 destinations during the summer period, including Lanzarote, Malaga, Alicante, Ibiza, Menorca and Majorca.
- Finnair is to add a new route to Alicante, as well as to Ibiza and Menorca for the summer 2017 season.
- Flybe has announced their new summer flights from London Southend Airport to the Catalonian city of Reus, launching on May 10th. The new thrice-weekly flights open up a lesser known area of Spain to Brits looking to explore the Costa Dorada.
- British Airways is to open seven new routes from Manchester airport for the summer holidays. Starting in May, the direct flights will include Alicante, Malaga, Ibiza and Palma.
With regular new flight routes opening up new and existing destinations throughout Spain, we look forward to welcoming even more British holidaymakers this year and showcasing everything Spain has to offer.