Spain’s Sustainability Day
We are excited to welcome you on Wednesday, 26 April 2023! Below you’ll find all the information you need to know ahead of the day. The event is in Covent Garden at The Conduit (6 Langley St, London WC 2H 9JA).
- 12:00 - 13:00: Registration and light lunch at the welcome desk
- 13:00: START of Spain Sustainability Day Conference
- 13:00 - 13:20: Welcome to the event given by the Director of the Spanish Tourist Office followed by a conference overview
- 13:20 - 15:00: Introduction to the Panellists and keynote speakers
- 1500 - 15:30: Coffee Break
- 15:30 - 16:40: Panellists and keynote speakers
- 16:40 - 17:00: Closing remarks
- 17:00: END of Spain Sustainability Day Conference
- 17:00 - 18:00: Informal networking & registration
- 18:00 - 18:30: Arrival and speeches
- 18:30 - 20:30: Awards Ceremony
- 21:00: END of Spain's Sustainable Media Awards
The venue is easily accessible by various modes of transport.
- Covent Garden on the Picadilly Line (2 minute walk)
- Leicester Square on the Northern and Picadilly Line (5 minute walk)
- Tottenham Court Road on the Jubilee, Northern and Central line (10 minute walk)
From outside London:
- The Gatwick Express non-stop train service to Victoria runs every 15 minutes with a journey time of 30 minutes.
- The Heathrow express non-stop train service to London Paddington runs every 15 minutes with a journey time of 15 minutes.
- Charing Cross is the closest National Rail Station. Available routes can be found here.
- It is possible to travel from Spain to London in a day via Paris. Take a TGV high speed train from Barcelona to Gare de Lyon, Paris. From there, transfer Gare du Nord, Paris, for the Eurostar to London St Pancras. More information can be found here.
If you are planning to stay overnight for the conference, London has many great options. The Spanish Tourist Office UK has secured special rates for delegates of the Spain Sustainability Day (between 25th to 27th) in the following Spanish hotel chains:
- The Caesar, Derby Hotels
- Located in Paddington, 25 minutes from the venue via the Jubilee line, the Caesar is a charming boutique hotel comprised of Victorian style buildings.
- Attendees receive a 5% discount by typing in the code ECCA0029 along with the user SPAINDAY.
- H10 London Waterloo, H10 Hotels
- Located in Waterloo, 20 minutes from the venue via bus, the H10 London Waterloo is a hotel with unique architecture in asymmetric shapes and an elegant interior design.
- Attendees receive a 20% discount by typing in the code LOTUS23 in the website’s search engine.
There are various sustainable food and drink options in Covent Garden. Suggestions include:
- Jikoni, Marylebone
- Jikoni in London was the first independent restaurant to become carbon neutral in 2021.
- Frog, Covent Garden
- Frog is built on a commitment to minimising waste in the food industry. Chef and owner, Adam Handling, promotes educating people on how to eat sustainably without compromising on flavour.
- Spring Somerset House, Covent Garden
- Spring’s Scratch menu is a separate menu made from ingredients that would otherwise go to waste, to raise awareness about food waste in the restaurant industry. It changes daily based on available ingredients.
Please kindly email email@example.com for any questions or concerns.
FAQ's and useful information regarding the event.
For further information on Spain as a visitor destination, please visit www.spain.info or email Spain@wearelotus.co.uk.